1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lighter fuse ?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by RATRODKING, Apr 22, 2012.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

guys,
    is there a separate fuse for the cigarette lighter on my 1990 k-1500 4x4 ?
    i dont seem to see one, and everything is working except the lighter...
    thanks in advance.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is the Horn working?
  3. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

yes, i do believe so, but will check the horn when it stops raining here... thanks
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

The fuse will be marked CTSY in your fuse panel. You may also want to check the plug on the back of the lighter to make sure that it is still securely connected.
  5. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

ok guys, i checked all fuses including ctsy and all are good. there is a 5 amp fuse on the lower right side marked CRK, and there is no power going to either side of it when the fuse is removed, either with or without the key on. what is that fuse for, and should there be power to it ? i would think so since there is a fuse there .
    also, there are two silver ( power supplies) ? marked 30a 12v, and on the fuse block its marked "power". what are those for ?
    i did notice that my entire fuse block seems to be loose, is there a way to tighten it ? i didnt see any type of screws to do that.

so, im assuming the lighter socket is bad ? i guess i will call autozone and see if they have one ? and how on earth do i gain access to replace that ? does the ash tray come out somehow ?
    thanks for any help with this guys.
  6. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Is your check engine light working? Does it come on when key turned then go out?
    If so cig lighter is bad works off same fuse. If light works pull fuses till light goes out will be your cig. fuse.
    www.ehow.com/how_7433898_remove-1990-chevy-c_k-1500.html
    Check crank/crk fuse when key turned to on. Truck will not start if it is bad.
  7. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

thanks, i will check this when i get int he truck to hear off for work....
  8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

The CRK fuse is the "Crank" fuse which sends power to your starter from the ignition.
  9. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

im assuming that the CRK crank fuse will only show power when i am turning the key when starting the truck ? because it does not show any power at any other time....

and when i do turn the key to start the truck, the "check engine soon" light does light up for a second.... but no other fuse is bad, so i have pulled the lighter socket out of the ash tray and one night after work will get a new from from autozone and try that.
    i will let you knwo if that does it,
    thanks
  10. dipstick

dipstick New Member

I,am thinking fuel pump will not run.