1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lighting upgrades. Looking for opinions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Seany Z, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Seany Z

Seany Z New Member

i have a 2008 Crew Cab.. Headlight bulbs and Fog bulbs are starting to fail
    what are the proper bulbs to replace:
    Low Beam
    High Beam
    Fogs
    Anyone reco Sylvania Silverstar Ultras? Perhaps another brand?
    Where can i get all three from the same supplier instead of
    finding three diff bulbs from three diff web sites?
    Perhaps there are threads dealing w/this topic already?

thanks for your advice and Happy Holidays!

Sean Z
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just put PIAA ultra white 9000 series in my 2003 yukon. They are much brighter then the stock bulbs and very white, no blue. You could probably get them all on amazon, I think with most orders over $50 you get free shipping. They have a 1 year warranty. When I was doing my research a lot of people said that the sylvania silverstars did not last very long.
  3. Seany Z

Seany Z New Member

Thanks for the response Pikey, appreaciate it!.........i'll check out the PIAA's.
  4. Pikey

5. Seany Z

Seany Z New Member

looks like PIAA's are the way to go huh? did you order them online or through local autoparts store?
    Also read i should consider subing the H9 for the H11 for my low beams. Any thoughts?
  6. Pikey

I ordered the fogs online. I bought the low beams at a store. I had one light out and did not want to wait for the shipping. I believe that the only difference between the H9 and h11 is the coating on the tip. One has it one has it and one does not. I was told that the coating is supposed to make the light bounce back to reflector inside the lens so you get a wider beam instead of a straight beam. It was a guy at autozone that told me that, so who knows if that is correct or not. You could always scrape the coating off of one of your current bulbs (you are getting new ones anyway), clean it with alcohol, put it back in and see if you notice a major difference between the coated and noncoated. If you do that please let me know what the result is, I am curious.
  7. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Go to DDM Tuning web site and get a set of HID's for all of them. I got all for my ss for $73.00 shipped thats high & low beams

Also free life time warranty just saying I would rather have HID's than hylogen bulbs
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I run PIAA bulbs in all my trucks as well, not a fan of HID's. PIAA extreme white bulbs are 4300k color, which is basically pure white I have a video on youtube so you can see the color difference from stock.....TRPLXL2 youtube channel
  9. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Dang those are bright one good thing with those are you don't have to fool with ballast