1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lightning Killed Couple Cows

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ippielb, Jun 26, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, haven't been posting often lately. but thought i might share a little from my daily life. Going out on the quad today, looking for gophers to shoot, yes shooting gophers is entertaining for me. And Sunday, we had a pretty good lightning storm. And, just shooting a gophers, look over, see two cows laying on the ground, so i drive over there, and yep, bloated. Their heads still through two wires on the barbed wire fence. They dropped straight down, and broke the two wires under their necks with them. I don't know if it would be appropriate to post pictures of the cows. Because, some people might find it disturbing and offensive. But i got pictures, and i can post them, if it's not against the rules.

Just stopping in. :meuh:

Edit:
    Warning Pictures are graphic, view at your own discretion. Some viewers might now find this content appropriate.
    Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've seen what lightning can do. We had a breeding Stallion struck when I lived in Wy. Had to shoot him because he managed to live through it but was in aweful shape.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm curious to see the pics, mainly b/c I'm an Agriculture student.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's crazy, that reminds me of an old X-Files episode called "D.P.O."

I would love to see pictures, I guess because I have never seen anything like that before in real life. All I have ever seen it is on T.V., and you never know if they doctor that stuff up or not.
  5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We've been having some crazy lightning and rain storms here too for the past week. Email me the pics, s.noguchi@comast.net and I'll post them in the moderator's forum and see what everyone thinks. Maybe you could offer to email them out to people who want to see them in the mean time.
  6. Scoutmaster

Scoutmaster New Member

FloridaLightning

Last week a rancher down here in the Tampa Bay area lost 18 Brahama all at one time!.. They were all huddled under a tree! 12 cows, 4 calfs and 2 bulls. Estimated value . . .. . a cool 1/4 mill. (They were all breeding stock)

Scoutmaster
  7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, also forgot to mention, we got coyotes pretty good up here, and one cow was already started to get eaten a bit.... Sending the pictures to ct9a if it doesn't go through i'll send everyone a picture through email, that wants one.
  8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

another vote for pics. and it does sound fun shooting gophers:party:
  9. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I didn't see anything in my email from you yet. If you sent it already, you may want to try again.

Edit - Or I could give you the right email address. s.noguchi@comcast.net
  10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts