lights?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Scooter, Feb 4, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Got some led lights that I want to run but I want them to automatically come on with the headlights with no extra switches or buttons... how can I do this?.thanks in advance
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hook your led power wire to the switched (controlled) side of the headlight switch to either the headlights or the parking lights, & ground the other lead to a body or chassis ground.
  3. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Do you mean the switch itself? Im not to sure exactly what your talking about...
  4. jreagan

jreagan New Member

No, doesn't literally have to be *at* the switch. Anywhere that the switch controls. It sends power to the headlights, marker lights, etc. I'll assume the LEDs don't draw that much current so you can find a easy location to splice. Where are you putting the LED lights? How comfortable are you with a voltmeter and splicing wires? Don't forget to keep the splice water tight if it might get wet.
    1 person likes this.
  5. IPFK83

IPFK83 New Member 100 Posts

the positive wire that goes to the headlights that tells them to turn on when you flip the switch.
  6. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yes Scooter, to the "power out" side of the headlight switch, where the wires supply power to the other lights. That way your LEDs will come on when you turn your H L switch on to power the other lights.