1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Like Father, Like Son" 2012 Chevy HD Commercial

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChromeSilver02, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

So this morning getting ready for church, I saw this commerical.

I love this commercial, it reminds me when I was young and played with my millions of hot wheels or toy trucks and waitin for dad to come home.

But the new HD looks awesome, the front end looks so good. Time to put the 2012 HD on my wish list.

Now if only I could pull a space shuttle upright with my truck and come home to Laura Croft everyday :lol:
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

that is awesome!!!!
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

that's awesome. Chevy runs deep.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

those new HDs have a sweet front end.

Alex
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Oh the dreams go on and on and on...........................
  6. justcuz

justcuz Rockstar

For the answer to the 64 thousand dollar question, who manufactures the toy truck the little boy is playing with? It is not Hasbro who is in the fine print of the add. It is not ERTL who manufactures a Silverado Big Farm series pickup that is simular but not the same. I doubt it is a one off made especially for the add, although well detailed it looks mass produced. Anybody know who makes the toy?
  7. parkereffect

parkereffect New Member

I went so far as to contact chevy directly and could get no intelligent answer.
    If you look at the video very close, pause and replay throughout it looks like it might be a reface of a mass produced toy. The hitch looks like a bolt/jamb nut combo & the front end looks to be clayed up and painted over.
    This is the only thing my son has asked for this Christmas and I've been searching everywhere. I'll probably end up ordering the ertl one. It's the nearest resemblance. I will post if i find any more info.
  8. justcuz

justcuz Rockstar

I e-mailed Chevy and received a phone call in return. I informed them that they are missing a huge marketing oppurtunity not having this toy available on their Chevy Collectibles website prior to Christmas. Every little boy whose Dad owns a Chevy truck is going to want one of these pickups.
    I also faxed the add agency Goodby, Silverstein and Partners and received no reply from them.
    I agree with parker, the only difference in this and the ERTL Big Farm Silverado pickup is the front end, mirrors, 8 lug wheels and tires, the enclosed roof and the drivers door opens. Otherwise I would say they used the ERTL Big Farm pickup modified for this add. The Z71 decal is the same as the ERTL pickup and I saw a silver Big Farm Silverado is going to be availble with a trailer and a yellow John Deere skid steer on it. Priced around $45.00 as I recall. Late December or early January availability. Found it on 3000Toys website, item 46020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011