line of fire light bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by coombia21, Aug 24, 2009.

1. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

i was wondering how these mount to the truck i am looking at a used one and i was wondering how i would reinstall it

thanks dan

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well normally they are held in place with double back tape, BUT they have pads on the back of the bar that have philips head screws that hold them in place. This is so that you can take the bar on and off without messing up the tape, so I would guess that the guy left the pads on the truck and just unscrewed the light bar. I would also be leery about buying one of these used, have you seen it lit up to make sure that ALL of the LED's light up? Most of these bars only last about 2 years before they start burning out if your lucky, they are down to $50 brand new so I hope your getting a good deal on it like $5 or something.

3. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Yeah I've heard that these can go out pretty quickly so make sure you see the bar completely lit.

4. Southern Thunder

Southern Thunder New Member

The new ones are just a flexible strip they are no longer mounted on the hard plastic rail and seem to be brighter, they still go own with 3m style tape

5. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had a fire and ice led light bar on my old truck for 2 years and it was still perfectly fine, I bought mine off of ebay and I think it was $70 brand new, and that was 2 years ago. I used self tapping screws to hold my bar on just so I knew it wouldn't fall off. If I were you, I would research how much they are new, might be better to go new.

Thats just my 2 cents

6. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

Been on the fence about these for a while now....

7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd like to see some pics of how it turns out, I like the light bars and think they look great