1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Line Out Converter install help. Need to know what wires to splice

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Camaro69car, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

As you know I have a 2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT, and I am going to be installing 2 12" subs and a 1200 W amp. Only problem is, I have no idea which wires to splice behind the radio to wire my Line out Converter up. I'm looking to splice into the rear door speakers for my signal.

If anyone has the wiring diagram for the radio that would be fantastic!
  2. Cant help with the diagram but can offer this, if your captivia has a factory amp (ex Bose package in siverados) be sure to hit the wires before they go into it.

Good luck with the install, let us know how you make out and enjoy the upgrade!
  3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

the premium audio is in the LTZ's. one thing I wish I had.
  4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

http://www.the12volt.com/
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

6. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

still no luck finding these wires. :confused:
  7. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Does anyone know how long it usually takes 12 volt to find the wires?
  8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

I hooked my line out converter right out of the door speaker wires..Also my radio has the Bose amp in it but my line out converter has the ability to turn down the input from the amp. I kept the door speakers hooked up and just spliced off of them and it works fine for me. This is what im using...$18.00 at walmart. 0003399198486_180X180.jpg
  9. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

My problem is that I dont want to pull off my door panels to find out what wires power what speaker. I guess I'll just play the waiting game or take it to a shop to put it in.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

If you can take it to a shop to put it in then they should be able to tell you what color wires your looking for. I cant imagine a shop not telling you just so they can earn your business of putting it in themselves. If they wont help you out on that then I would take my possibly other business(and word of mouth) to a shop that would tell me.. Sometimes free knowledgeable help to potential customers like this could make a business thrive after awhile IMO.

A shop did this for me once and 6 months later I went to them to get a new alarm/disarm remote starter key fob. They got me for 100 bucks on that one.