1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LINE-X bed liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hall1836, Jun 13, 2010.

1. hall1836

hall1836 New Member

Comments pro/con, anyone that's had both Rhino and Line-x which was better and why. Thanks
  2. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you did a little searching here you would find an INCREDIBLE amount of information related to your inquiry!! The "Search" button is your friend!!

From my experience owning both.....Line-X and Rhino both make an excellent product! I prefer Line-X because after a few years the Line-X looks a lot better than the Rhino.

The Rhino is a little thicker (more rubber-like), but tends to gouge and cut easier. It also turns gray after a few years.

My two trucks with Line-X stayed in great shape throughout the time I owned the trucks!:great:
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

line-x bedliner

Had Rhino in my 1994 Z-71 Silverado and Line-X in my 2005 Z-71 Silverado. I think the Line-X has it all over the Rhino. My Rhino split in less than a year. Have the Line-X now for five years and I use the bed more than my 94 and the Line-X is like new. I have dents on my bed wheel wells from hauling rocks and the Line-X is still on.
  4. Lakers

Lakers New Member

I have a Line-X, paid 540 for it here in Southern California ( I called over 8 places and all quoted same price) and got it sprayed over the rail. Love it, looks professional, no problems with it yet and has a lifetime warranty for ANY LINEX location, not just the location that originally installed it. I am a plumber so the bed sees a lot of tools, old water heaters, etc. After all the research I did, I went with the LIne-X and am very pleased.
  5. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I have a line-x in my truck and I love it. Looks great and is not fading.
  6. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Yesterday I ran into a friend w/ a '99 F150 that has a red color matching Line-X that was done in 2000. He mentioned hauling lots of different stuff over the past 10 years. His lining still looked brand new!
  7. eightbol21

eightbol21 Rockstar

stuff does not move on it either. everything stays right where it should. had my line x done by the dealer and i think thats the most functional option you can get as far as bed stuff goes.
  8. mus99gt

mus99gt Rockstar 100 Posts

I went with Line-X on this new truck and my old F-150 truck. I have never had a problem with it. I had some friends who did Rhino liner and it turned colors and he had it separating from the bed.
  9. 96_Tahoe

96_Tahoe New Member

Line-x is much much better....
  10. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

I have had both as well, and I currently have a Line-X color match. The rhino I thought was very good at keeping things in place because of the "rubbery" feel, where my line-x allows things to slide a bit more. The rhino was black originally but over a few years started getting lighter and it would rub off on clothing really bad. However, they may have corrected those problems for all I know.