Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Line X, or Other Bed Liner Product.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dedmon27, Oct 2, 2011.

1. dedmon27

dedmon27 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thinking about Line X'ing my truck. Just wanting to know if anyone has had any product longer than 10 years or so. If so how has it held up, to the elements and wear and tear?
  2. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

I highly recommend Rhino lining. I had my 78 Sierra Classic sprayed about 8 years ago and it still looks great, no fadeing or tearing. I looked at all the major brands before I went with Rhino and Rhino had a nicer texture and overall look. My father-in-law had his 2010 Silverado done with a silver color match, its looks great.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The spray inliner that I think is the best is LineX and I know many ppl that say the same, holds up awesome and doesnt fade quick
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know I wouldn't recommend buying the spray on bedliner by SEM, I bought that and sprayed it in my s10 and it sucks!! The color match stuff is awesome, mine matches perfectly to my truck. It is slippery as hell, and stuff slides all around in it almost like there is no texture in it. It has already started peeling up where stuff has been drug across, just not a good product at all!!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've had my Line-X in my '05 Silverado since December '04 and it still looks great. As I've said before on the site I use the heck out of mine, chainsaws, large rocks, fuel etc...:great: I had Rhino in another truck and it was soft and cut easly.:grrrrrr:
  6. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

My 78 Sierra is used weekly for hauling scrap metal to the recycler and its has a few scrapes but nothing down to the metal. What I have been told if the bedliner is not mixed correctly it will be soft and peel very easily. Whatever brand you decide on make sure its applied at a reputable shop that has been doing it for awhile.
  7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just have one of those plastic throw in liners, and i'm more then happy with it. Highly recommend one, even if you do have a spray in liner, the spray in liners are grippy, while my plastic one isn't so it's great for loading my sled.
  8. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree, I have had both the Rhino and Line X. I have Line X now, it is much stronger and has a finer texture so that it doesn't tear like the Rhino did on me. Maybe my Rhino wasn't done correctly, but I like the Line X 100 times better.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

The only thing that I do not like about the plastic liners is that water can get underneath it and can rust the bed over time. I have had problems with the sides warping over time as well and than they scrap my paint along it.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

LINE-X.....There is no other!!
  10. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

Definitely LineX, I am going to get that in my truck bed once I get a new bed that's not shot like mine is. They had a LineX booth at our fair last summer, and they had a buick regal that they had completely covered in LineX and dumped and tosses so much crap on it, and it didn't show any damage at all. Plus, they can do colors other than black.