Line-x rear wheel wells.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chilln, May 6, 2012.

1. chilln

chilln New Member

I have an appointment with line-x to spray my bed. Has anyone ever had them spray the rear wheel wells of their truck? My truck is white and the rear wheel wells show everything. Thinking it maybe a durable option.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

About 5 years ago I had the interior, underside of the body, front fender liners and rear wheel wells on my 93 Wrangler sprayed with Line-X, it's held up real good over the years, cleans up well and looks great.

3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Go for it. I'm planning to get my wheel wells line-xed when I get the bed done soon. Most of the places around where I live have a "Northwest protection package" which includes that due to weather/roads, etc..

I think it's a good mod for the good of your vehicle.

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree if. Was anywhere where they salt the roads I'd have my whole undercarriage done, I plan on doing it to the 65 burb I'm getting so it'll last another 46 years

5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

definitely post some before and after pics if you get the wheel wells done

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am also planning on getting the wheel wells done on my truck when I get the bed done.

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like a great idea, Might just check into that myself.

8. chilln

chilln New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I went to line-x in waterbury CT and had my bed sprayed. He said he can't spay the wheel wells because the size of the high pressure nozzle makes it physically impossible to spay in there. I saw pictures online that showed them spraying the wells while the truck was on a lift. He said he doubted that was line-x unless they had a huge spray booth. The bed looks great though. I was super nervous about going over the rail but it looks awesome. Here are some pics the truck is a 2012 2500hd.
    IMG_3819.jpg IMG_4787.jpg IMG_4798.jpg IMG_6548.jpg IMG_8924.jpg

I have a few options left for the rear wells at this point I could use the liner in a can and attempted to do it myself or but the plastic liners. I'm leaning towards the plastic liners but I have not decided yet.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  9. steved

steved Former Member

How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? I have a call into the local Line-X dealer, but no call back...

10. chilln

chilln New Member

Not at all. It was $525. plus tax.