1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Line-X!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, Dec 14, 2011.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

OH NOO!!!
    just found a bubble in my line-x bed liner underneath my tool box ( a spot that is rarely touched) this liner is about 3 years old, man i have defended these guy products for so long.... all i can do now is see how well their lifetime warranty works and give them a call tomorrow... hopefully i get great service and a hasslefree fix! them im all set to keep their rating high, if any of yall are interested in line-x customer service, i will post my results from my conversation with them to see how well they treat me.
    until then....
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

That doesn't sound like the product is bad, It sounds like they missed sanding a spot of the bed and now it's lifting off that spot. I sanded mine by hand to do a better job, and mine still lifted although mine is not a LINE-X either. Hope it works out for you.
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Yeah let us know because Im interested in Line-X myself and would like to see how they take care of their customers.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

yes dont get me wrong, awesome product! i actually had it sprayed in 8-17-2009
    just a bubble thats all hopefully its an easy fix for them the entire liner lasted greatly so far
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As TRPLXL2 said sounds like they just missed a spot when prepping the bed. I've had my Line-X in my '05 since new and its still looks good and I use the heck out of my trucks bed (rocks,chainsaws etc...).
  6. audible

audible New Member

I love my Line-X:great:
  7. Scratch

Scratch New Member

There are many reasons why a bubble can form: Product mixed incorrectly, moisture or a contaminant in or on the truck bed, etc. No worries, they will fix it for free.
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

Well I for one am totally happy with how I was treated this morning there! I did not get the spot Fixed because the guys scott said he would need to respray the whole Bedliner...

Doesn't matter to me because that's free however about 8 months back my little brother backed my truck into a tree and ruined the tailgate and rear bumper both need replaced but I've been with them like that since then. The tailgate is basically bent in half and beyond repair so I called linex around when it happened and unfortunately they said they can't just respray the tailgate under warranty (understandable) it would be $125.00.

I joked around with Scott about that situation and he said he was sorry about that but then he paused an said... You know what how about you give me a call when you get your new tailgate then bring your truck back here and since I'm respraying the bed anyway I'll go ahead and do the tailgate... I could not have been happier to hear this.

Also while I was there I aske about going Over the rail or the Bedliner and he said since he's doin all the work anyway hell go Over my rail for $79.00... You guys line-x all the way! Great customer service!!! So in summary they will respray my whole bed and fix my tailgate and go over my rails for $79.00 :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
  9. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Perfect! Glad it worked out!
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's great news. I had Line-X going back to about '99 and never used the warranty. How big is the bubble? Like everyone said there are a lot of reasons that a bubble could form.