1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

list of steering parts ? anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by icemann42, Oct 11, 2013.

1. icemann42

icemann42 New Member

Just wondering if someone knew all the steering parts from the gear box to the wheels (1993 burban k1500) I want to order everything wile I'm at work today I don't have time to look it up ....any help will be greatly Appreciated.... Thanks in advance.
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

are you trying to get a list of part numbers.. or the names of them?
  3. icemann42

icemann42 New Member

Just the names would be fine ....much thanks
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There's a lot a steering components so if I miss one on this list I'm sorry.
    Inner and outer tie rods
    Pit man arm
    Idler arm
    Steering box
    Steering knuckles
    Steering stabilizer
    Idler arm bracket
    Center link/ drag link
    Tie rod adjusting sleeve

Power steering parts:
    Pump
    Pressure line
    Return line

I think [MENTION=57079]1953bowtieguy[/MENTION] just re built his front end of his Yukon so he may know parts I'm missing or additional parts you'll need.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Might as well add in ball joints upper and lower if you are going that in depth on steering linkage. On an installation note they will be riveted in with the new ones bolted in. You just cut the rivet heads off and punch them out.
  6. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I know i put in idlerarm bracket that wasnt mentioned. that is all i can think of right now. stabilizer links mayber.