Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Liter?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vnslykrx, Nov 4, 2010.

1. vnslykrx

vnslykrx Rockstar

Ok this is going to be a REALLY stupid question, but I have always wondered and never figured out what Liter means. Like saying I have a 5.7, what does that mean? I know it is the engine liter but what exactly is the engine liter? Sorry for the stupid question, but I just never figured it out. Thanks, Ryan
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

just a little more info past the Litre size from what TELORVEHC states is the fact that most Litre size engines these days are configured from C.I's of late ( Cubic Inches ). Gm 5.7's today are the old 350's: Gm 5.3's are the old 305's:Gm 4.8's are the old ( I don't know thisnew one yet ). Other engines from Ford and Chrysler for example have followed the same trend. Not sure if you care about any of this info or not, anyway there it is !!!(from Canada ---)
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very good link!!
  5. vnslykrx

vnslykrx Rockstar

Thanks you so much everybody!! I was thinking at had to do with the displacement, but I wasn't sure. Thanks again!! Ryan
  6. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Actually the 5.3 is closer to a 327...old 5.4L (327)-new 5.3L (325)....And the 4.8 is close to a 283....old 4.6L (283)-new 4.8 (292).I dont think gm makes anything around the size of a 305 right now.