1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LMK 4.5L Dmax engine

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by TrailLeadr, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Anyone heard anything new on this engine?

Last I read it was shelved, then put back on the table for production.
    Is there some truth to this, or just wishful thinking?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

from what i have read and heard its still on the shelf since gas prices started to hold steady. But i havent been paying near as much attention to the new as of late. It would be sweet if they were to actually follow thru with it. In general I wish Gm would start to use more Green Diesel technology in all of their vehicles. I would have to much fun with a Turbo Diesel HHR!
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

It was going to be a 4.5L....... not 5.4L......

and last I heard it's still shelved...
  4. TrailLeadr

Whoops! typo. lol thanks for pointing it out.

**Typo Corrected**

that sure would be a blast!

I think that would be one engine I would give serious consideration to tossing into my 'burb for a conversion.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I personally don't think they should little the duramax name. They should keep duramax as only a 6.6l. Put a different name on this engine. It's one of those things where people who have no clue will buy this, and gloat that they own a duramax.
  6. TrailLeadr

Well it's a different breed of diesel engine all together. So I agree they shouldn't brand it as a duramax.

But I'd still like to have one for either my burb or avalanche, or both. :mdr:
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

me to!!! Ooohhooohh me to!!!!:lol: