1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Load Capacity for 1999 Silverado 2500 ( not an HD)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bluebrick, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Any idea of how much weight I can carry in the bed of my 1999 Silverado 2500 ( this is not the HD model) with extended cab? Is there a chart or way to figure this out so that I don't break an axle or something? Thanks.

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There should be some information in your owners manual. I am sure its posted online somewhere too.

3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

For that vehicle it's rated not to exceed 3100 pounds!

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I took a look and found this:

http://www.trailerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Trailer-Life-Towing-Guide-1999.pdf

Keep in mind a few things..... This guy does not work for GM, so I would expect that these numbers are (close), but you would need the GM information to be sure.

And the amount of weight that can be towed depend on a few things:

• Engine size
    • If you have 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive
    • If it is a regular cab, extended cab or crew cab
    • if it is a long or short box.

5. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Thanks evryone. Based on the tag information on the driver-side door, the rear axle has a capacity of just over 2000 #'s. I was able to haul a load of musroom compost at 2108#'s. Thanks again.

6. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

ive had quite a bit of weight over my load capacity of wood in my bed before and i just drove slow and careful and it was fine. chevys are built tough