1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Loaded 1997 2500 Suburban F/S

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by tbplus10, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Specs as follows: 1997 K2500 4x4 SLT factory "hard loaded" Suburban with custom features. Black ext, Tan int., Barn doors.
    $17,000
    Powertrain-
    7.4 ltr crate engine, inst. 4/07, 700 miles, warranty. Roller rockers, K&N supercharger, Modine 4 row radiator, ceramic coated fact. manifolds, dual rear exit S/S exhaust, Flomaster 50 mufflers, Walbro high flo fuel pump, and Vortec supercharger inst. 4/06 8k miles.
    Art Carr Tow prep trans inst. 5/06 8k miles, 3yr/35k mile warranty. T-case and FRT/RR axles rebuilt 5/06 8k miles. FRT- new shafts, Yukon 3.73 gears. RR- Dana 60, ARB locker, hardened axles, Yukon 3.73 gears, Baer disk brakes, and full floater kit. New custom drive shafts with CV's.
    Chassis-
    Frame, suspension, and axles media blasted and powdercoated 4/06. New steering gear, bushings, RR springs, torsion bars, S/S brake lines, and body mounts. Centerline wheels (unknown model) and Michelin XLT tires 7k miles, 40K mile warranty with road hazard, includes matching spare.
    Body-
    Cervini shaved chrome FRT/RR bumpers, 2' cowl hood, Billet grill insert, molding/trim removed.
    Interior-
    Tan Leather Katzkin seat skins over 05 Trailmaster conversion power, heated, bucket seat frames (6). Tan wool carpet, tan wool head liner, dyna-mat on all interior surfaces, matching leather door and side panels. 8 Cerwin Vega 10' speakers, indash AM/FM/CD/DVD player, and 2 8'x12' drop down DVD screens.
    Other on truck extras-
    Custom made 70 gallon fuel cell in factory position.
    Via Air 480C underhood air compressor, 3gl air tank, FRT/RR air chucks.
    Miller Matic 240 underhood welder/110 power station and locking throttle.
    3 rear 12v, and 3 rear 110 connections for elec. power.
    AC/DC refrigerator between rear buckets.
    Mounted Rear cargo area rolling 5 drawer tool box.
    Firestone motorhome load compensator air bags on RR springs.
    Off truck extras
    Dana FRT axle, springs, and Hy-Steer kit to convert to SFA.
    Factory hood, spare barn doors, and factory interior.
    Original Transmission/T-case, and driveshafts.
    History
    The truck was built for mobile maintenance and comfortable long haul towing, rated to tow 12k. Originally a total (bent frame, no body damage), I stripped and replaced the the frame and running gear from 2/06 to 5/06. Truck has a certified "Blue Texas title" because I bought it off the original owner who had no ins. and never reported the accident to an accountable agency, thus not changing title status.
    The interior was redone 6/06.
    All warrantys are transferrable.
    Paint is not perfect, the hood does not match exactly, a scratch on the drivers mirror, and the right side barn door.
    Truck is only for sale as a local inspection and pick-up, pictures dont do it any justice. I can have pictures taken (may take a few days) if your honestly interested, but dont have pictures or a camera right now.
    Absolutely no shipping I dont care how good the deal is, if you cant come to me and produce cash or a cashiers check you dont really want this truck.
    And yes the price is high, look at the $$ on new trucks outfitted like this, this price is firm. I have much more invested, and with all the work completed this is essentially a "new 1997 Suburban".
    Selling because I bought something that better suit my needs.
    Thanks for looking.
  2. tbplus10

Sold. As of 7pm today this truck resides in Bowie, Texas.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Beauty Tim...get what you were asking for it?
  4. tbplus10

3k less than asking. Which was a thousand less than I hoped for, but it sold a month earlier than I was expecting. All in all it evened out.
    My new trucks are already in the driveway so I got a little anxious to sell.