1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Location of ECM in '90 V2500 Suburban

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Boldt, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Boldt

Boldt New Member

My good ol' truck started running rich so I read the codes and turns out it had a MAP sensor voltage low code. I replaced the MAP sensor and all was good for a while. Then the problem came back, same code. Seems to me that all that's left is the wires connecting the MAP sensor to the ECM or the ECM itself. Sensor still tests good with voltmeter. I would like to test from both ends of the wires and replace as necessary, but I don't know where the ECM is actually located. The wires are all bundled together and it's tough to tell where they go. If anyone knows it'd save me some looking around. thanks
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yep, it in dash on the right side. Rather than checking the wires you could watch the feedback on a scanner. If the feedback data changes <use a MightyVac> you know the wires have continuity.
  4. Boldt

Boldt New Member

Thanks! The wire carrying the signal from the MAP sensor to the ECU was intermittent so I ran a new wire and we're good. The voltage low trouble code is not reappearing.

Unfortunately, that was not the main problem. I'm going to start a new thread in the proper Chevy Suburban category since it appears to be a completely separate issue.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=171806#post171806