1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Locked Keys Inside???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 5speedsilverado, Jun 23, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok, i feel really stupid right now, i accidentally locked my keys in my truck, and wont have the second key till 3:30 this afternoon (8:36 right now) and was wondering if their is a way to break inside my truck without causing any damage?

2. Brews

Brews Rockstar

If someone else has access to your FOB they can push the unlock button into their cell phone while you hold your cell phone towards your truck and it should open.

3. 5speedsilverado

i dont have power door locks, its a base truck with nothing fancy on it yet

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

One of the most ridiculous myths ever, imo. Have you ever tried it? Let me know how it goes.

It depends where the keys are. Are they somewhere where you can see them? If they aren't in the ignition and aren't tucked away in the console or something you can try and wedge the very top corner of the door open with a wedge block of wood. Just enough to stick an uncoiled wire hanger through to go and make a grab for the keys.

The block wedge in the shape of a door stop, kinda, btw.

Good luck!

5. 5speedsilverado

well that plan is down the drain because their partially in the ignition

6. Springthing

Kind of far to reach with wire hanger from the opposite corner. You can TRY to do the wedge and then hit the unlock button with the hanger (or metal rod long enough)....

More than that I have no input! Mighe be stuck waiting until this afternoon!

7. Brews

Brews Rockstar

It worked when I tried it.

8. Springthing

Wonderful! Here's another way of opening your truck then:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNaSTipOYy8"]YouTube - Unlock a car door with a tennis ball[/ame]

9. Springthing

*coughs**coughs**coughs*
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC_YdJeXouE&feature=related"]YouTube - MythBusters: Cell Phone Car Remote[/nomedia]

*coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs**coughs*

10. hmaster77

hmaster77 Rockstar

the best way to do it on the 2001-2007 chevys is to wedge the top of the door open with ur fingersand place something there to hold it and stick a metal clothes hangar in there that is straightened and use it to slide the lock over to the left or right whichever unlocks it thats what i did on my dads truck when i locked myself out 8 hours away from home with a dead cell phone lol