Locking differential

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by john cavedo, Aug 29, 2008.

1. john cavedo

john cavedo New Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum and a new (2005) Chevy Suburban owern.

I have three questions:

1) How can I tell if I have the "locking differential" option.

2) If I do have the "locking" differential, is it a true "locker" or is it a limited slip. And if it is limited slip is is mechanical, electric, or air controlled?

3) I bought the vehicle as an LT trim package, but it doesn't have leather seats. I see on line that leather was standard for the LT trim package, but when I read my VIN to a dealer customer rep he said it was an LT model. any thoughts on how I would have cloth in an LT trim package?

thanks

John Cavedo

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. If you look on the glove box door you can see a lost of RPO #'s. If "G80" is listed, you have the "locker" and it is mechanical and (I believe) a limited slip. Also, the "LT" was originally the leather option, but at some point it became more inclusive and leather is an option within the "LT" group. I hope that covers some of your questions and I also hope most of it is accurate. Good luck & have fun!

3. john cavedo

john cavedo New Member

thanks much for the info.

I've had some problems navigating the sights and figuring out how to post and reply to posts. I think I finally have it.

I do have the G80 and found the sticker. Thanks

Also found that I have do indeed have the LS and not the LT. Wish I had done a little better job with my pre purchase research. It was advertised as an LT. Oh well less learned. Only thing I could do it take the person to small claims court.

thanks again
    John

ps, we really are enjoying the big "car"

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hope you enjoy the Suburban, welcome to the site. There is an FAQ section if you have any questions and want to read up on it all for a few minutes.

Frequently Asked Questions for using this site
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/faq.php