1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Locking gas cap for 09 Sierra?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by AnimalYates, Aug 27, 2012.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Some waste of human life is going around my neighborhood siphoning gas, and Lord know's we all pay way too much for the stuff. So I'm looking to invest in a locking gas cap hoping it might possibly deter a thief.

Problem is, I have looked online and can't find one ANYWHERE that fits an 09 Sierra. Anyone else on here have one or know where I can get one? Please someone help. I'd really hate to use the 2nd amendment. lol
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Ironically enough, I found one shortly after I posed on advanced auto's website. I looked everywhere through a google search and on ebay, etc. but no luck.

Thank you though, thats the exact one I found and will buy and install tomorrow. It's sad I have to take this countermeasure because people in my area are too cracked out on drugs to get there own damn job and pay for gas themselves. ugh
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

That does suck that people are ballsie enough to steal gas.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I bought one at Auto Zone a while back.
    Hopefully the piece of turd swallows to much gas while siphoning and then decides to have a cigarette to get the taste out of his mouth, saw it happen to a dirt bag in Italy a few years back, the end result wasnt pretty.
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I bought a locking gas cap several years ago when gas went over $2.00/gal. I found it at a local auto parts chain. I want to say Pep Boys but it may have been an O'Riley's or Autozone. I can't remember exactly.
  7. tbplus10

just a word of warning though about locling gas caps, we bought them for our pick-up fleet at work last year and a month later someone came by to steal the fuel, since they couldnt get the caps off the punched a hole in the corner of the tank on one that had a plastic fuel tank and cut the supply hose on another truck, cost us way more to fix than the $40 or $50 worth of fuel in the tanks. We now leave our tanks empty at night and refuel in the am.
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

If they are caught, and they are on private property, can't you exercise your second amendment right? My area is relatively safe and I park in my driveway. I heard the alarm go off and since I don't have a gun at the moment, all they saw was my 1watt laser pointed at them and when they stopped, I was already on the phone with the local PD.
  9. tbplus10

The company I work for is a bunch of pansies, they wont even prosecute when we catch the worthless sobs. Their afraid it'll give them a bad name, they rather pay for the damage than take a chance upsetting someone.
    If it were up to me I'd blast'em then go over and kick away that unregistered gun they had in their hand with no serial number on it, I have no pity for theives, maybe I can convince them to use rock salt, at least that way the thieves learn a lesson but it isnt lethal.