1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Locking Tailgate Handle

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hotrodking86, Oct 13, 2011.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I searched through the forum looking for answer for my question. I have a 2008 Silverado without the locking tailgate handle, can I buy a locking one and just swap them out? I know that they sell those locks that go under the handle so it won't open, but I kind of wanted the stock style, does anyone have any ideas on this? As always, thanks!
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had the dealer put one on when i bought my truck.They threw it in for free but i think they are $75.00 up here in Canada at the dealer.
  3. hotrodking86

I will have to ask my dealer, its funny how many things that I should have said to them when I originally bought my truck. But you know, I was super excited just to get my truck, the seats could have been filled with cow crap and I wouldn't have even noticed. Hehehe
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hear you on things i should have said before i purchased my truck like certain options i missed out on that i would love to have now.
  5. redneck70

redneck70 Member

6. hotrodking86

Awesome, I guess I would just have to get my lock coded to my truck key. That's a pretty good price.
  7. redneck70

redneck70 Member

Yep and there's not much to installing them, my brother and his friend did his and from start to finish he said they did it in about 3 beers :happy:.
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

hotrodking86----I got a dealer one installed .same as some others here ----keyed alike to match my
    ignition key...works well, and don't need an extra key...I paid over 80 bucks though to get it
    installed, but figured if they screwed it up instead of me (HAHAHA) then they would have to replace it.