Long time Chevy lover new to site!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Chevyfuzz, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Chevyfuzz

Chevyfuzz New Member

Hello all!

This looks like an awesome site and I've only read a few threads! Way back when I was young I tried Ford. I quickly realized the error of my ways and after a few small cars to get me through a poor stage of life, I switched to GM and never looked back!

My first "real" truck was a 1983 GMC Sierra which I gave to my best friend when I upgraded to a 1992 Silverado. He still has that truck and is slowly rebuilding it to its former glory...

I kept the 1992 until I was able to afford a 2000 Silverado 1500 extended cab Z-71. That truck was great to me. No complaints at all! Just minor tune-ups and the regular tire/brake changes.

Tragically, I was on the way to deer camp after a long night shift last weekend and dozed off. During my momentary slumber, my faithful truck decided pick a fight with a tree stump on the side of the road - and lost... Fortunately I wasn't injured and thank God no one else was coming the other way. The insurance company told me I had to let go and the ole' boy was permanently retired.

I am now on the hunt for my next truck. I can't afford to go new, but my wife and I are looking to buy a decent sized camper. Thus a bigger truck is needed. I am looking at the 2500HD series Crew Cab 4x4 with a 6.6 Diesel/Alison combo. It's quite a bit more truck, but definitely what we need moving forward. I can afford something in the range of the 2003 - 2006 model years.

I am looking forward to getting better educated from you guys. Any heads-up information about the type of truck I'm looking for would be most appreciated. Thanks!

2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome...

Good luck on your search.

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!!

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! Ah the ignorance of youth! I owned a Ford once.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Cool dogs!

6. Chevyfuzz

Chevyfuzz New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! In my search, are there any specific things I should be on the look-out for in the 2003 to 2006 Duramax lineage?

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Glad to see no one was injured, but the truck!

8. Chevyfuzz

Chevyfuzz New Member

Now have a new truck!!!!

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    6.6 L V8 Duramax w/Alison 5-Speed
    4x4 Crew Cab

Thanks for all the input.... I'm sure I'll be having many more questions on other threads....