1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Long Time Gone!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08_rado_rocker, Sep 30, 2013.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on here in what seems like forever!

Thought I'd grace y'all with my presence once again haha! How has everything been going around here lately!?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Back! Lact I remeber you had an issue with the drop kit that was installed. Did you ever get it remedied?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Haha! that sure was thoughtful of ya Steve! Very uhh... heartwarming. lol:great:

And yes, I got the suspension fixed up. The guys (to this day) denied having put fake McGaughy's parts on my truck, so I just cut my losses. I ordered new spindles, springs, and shocks straight from the guys at McGaughy's and installed them at our shop. The alignment was so bad i actually had to have it towed to Sears (which proved to be a mistake as well) lol.

Billy and I drove to Waco to pick up four engine blocks after having it aligned by them and the day after we got back, I noticed what felt like a "release of pressure" in my front end when I would stop and then let off the brakes. We jacked up the front end and upon inspection, found that the bolt that holds the camber was left loose. SCARY! They owned up to the mistake, fully refunded my money, the cost of 3 towing bills, AND paid for the alignment at a locally infamous shop.

From the time Da Drop Shop put on my rear flip kit, I had an issue with the ride quality, and we just recently remedied that part of it by putting the McGaughy's shocks on it and completely cutting off the bump stop mounts from the frame. Now.. I know what you're thinking... and no.. as of right now I can't use my truck at all for hauling haha. Planning on fixing that issue within the next month with some air bag helpers with an on-board compressor! But it sure does ride nice!:great:

:sign0023:...that got long in a hurry. IMG_20130914_072819_670.jpg This is how he sits now.. I need to update his thread on here. Also have the Truxedo roll up cover that I won on here put on!