1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LOOK HERE!!! Trouble code...p1870.....for harsh 1-2 shifts.....

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Van70style

Van70style New Member

This fix WORKS! I bought the valve and oring from Sonnax. No more issues, but I reused the old valve body.

2. mybollsareonfire

mybollsareonfire New Member

my truck ran great and all and here recently i started to upgrade cuz you know how addicting it is ... sooo ive literally been on my pc for 12 hrs looking for wth is these codes that my baby is spittin out and a real definitive answer on the TCC solenoid on my truck it shifts right when i first ride in her and bout 30 to 1hr drive i go and stop in town and from a dead stop she jerks hard shifting into 1-2 gear and sometimes it'll shift hard 2-3 and 3-4 ive been looking on the net for quite sometime today and everybody has something diff. either unplug this take this off rep0lace that rebuild this just not the right answer and i love love loveeeeee my "Betsy" (thats her name lol) and i want her riding right ya know just like any other truck owner would ... im just worried that i might have to replace the tranny and really dont have the cash rite now but her are a few codes that i got and really hope my chevy bros can help (which i know yall can) ... so here goes nothing ...

C0265
    C0245
    C0241
    C0251
    C0246
    C0242
    C0252
    and...
    P0405
    P0440

its a 2000 chevy silverado 5.3 ls ty in advanced

3. Family Force 6

Family Force 6 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think I may have experienced this issue with my 99 Suburban this week on a road trip. We were in Yellowstone park and all of a sudden the upshifts were viscous hard. I was sweating it, thinking the worst, but hasn't done it since then.

Van70style, how hard is the fix? The only thing I've done to a tranny is replace the fluid and filter. It looks like there are a million parts- a bit intimidating!

I saw the Sonnax website and they recommend some tools to bore out the valve. Did you do that too?

4. 30U Plymouth

30U Plymouth New Member

I've used this inexpensive part# A74741Q (www.fitzall.com) before and it works great.
    It can even be fixed without removing the valve body from the vehicle.