1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Look Ma! No Love Bugs!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by MWright936, Sep 27, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm sure nobody cares but me, but I just spent the day washing, waxing, armor-all'ing, etc. my truck and it looks awesome, so I had to take pictures! I had been putting off washing it because of all the freakin love bugs down here. Well, this weekend I decided I couldn't wait anymore because the truck was looking awful. I spent the first two hours cleaning the inside and scrubbing all the bugs off. Then came its bath, wax, rain-x, wheel shine, and tire shine. It took about 6 hours total, including several short breaks. After all of that work, I think it's worth it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Shiny and bright :glasses: it’s a lot of work to get that result.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lots of work, but it sure looks like it was worth it!
  4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslick!!!:great:
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

GOSH i wish i could get my truck to look like that! It has alot of light scratches in it and i cant find a cream to get the scratches out. Does anyone know how i can get them out (other than a new top coat or repainting the entire thing)?
  6. MWright936

I have quite a few light scratches on the bed of my truck. Wax hides them for a little while. I use Turtle Wax Ice paste wax. I probably won't use another wax because this wax lets me apply it in open sunlight when the surface of the truck is probably 100+ degrees. I've used it twice now, and I'm always impressed with the results. They also make a liquid wax, but I haven't tested it yet.
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice! I had 5 minutes to run mine through the carwash yesterday but it turns out so much nicer to do it by hand.
  8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i did the same friday.. for about 4-5 hours... rainded today nad my truck is covered in mud...
  9. MWright936

I hate when that happens! Seems like it always rains right after you wash you truck.
  10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks nice i did the same last weekend

so do you wanna come down and do mine next weekend??? :lol: