Look Ma! No Love Bugs!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by MWright936, Sep 27, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm sure nobody cares but me, but I just spent the day washing, waxing, armor-all'ing, etc. my truck and it looks awesome, so I had to take pictures! I had been putting off washing it because of all the freakin love bugs down here. Well, this weekend I decided I couldn't wait anymore because the truck was looking awful. I spent the first two hours cleaning the inside and scrubbing all the bugs off. Then came its bath, wax, rain-x, wheel shine, and tire shine. It took about 6 hours total, including several short breaks. After all of that work, I think it's worth it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Shiny and bright :glasses: it’s a lot of work to get that result.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lots of work, but it sure looks like it was worth it!

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslick!!!:great:

5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

GOSH i wish i could get my truck to look like that! It has alot of light scratches in it and i cant find a cream to get the scratches out. Does anyone know how i can get them out (other than a new top coat or repainting the entire thing)?

6. MWright936

I have quite a few light scratches on the bed of my truck. Wax hides them for a little while. I use Turtle Wax Ice paste wax. I probably won't use another wax because this wax lets me apply it in open sunlight when the surface of the truck is probably 100+ degrees. I've used it twice now, and I'm always impressed with the results. They also make a liquid wax, but I haven't tested it yet.

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice! I had 5 minutes to run mine through the carwash yesterday but it turns out so much nicer to do it by hand.

8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i did the same friday.. for about 4-5 hours... rainded today nad my truck is covered in mud...

9. MWright936

I hate when that happens! Seems like it always rains right after you wash you truck.

10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks nice i did the same last weekend

so do you wanna come down and do mine next weekend??? :lol: