1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Look what i bought today!

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by ChevyBoy2009, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Well ive been looking for one for a week or so to delete AFM...bought this NEW in box on ebay for 110 bucks today!...i didnt need anything fancy,just wanted to delete AFM and maybe tranny shift points so its more driveable

PredatorTuner_5.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome! For the price you got that for you can spend another $100 and get Lew to do a custom tune for you.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Was it used? Is it locked? Give us reviews...

4. ChevyBoy2009

It is BRAND new, just pulled out of box for pictures...so it isnt locked...never been hooked up to a vehicle...i will give reviews when i get it...ill prolly do what ajarman said alittle down the road...cant wait for my truck to sound normal going down the road with my exhaust and NO AFM!!

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Give us some fuel economy numbers before and after AFM.

6. ChevyBoy2009

Will do sir!

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

IIRC when I was looking at those and talking with Lew he was seeing 1-2mpg increase with his tunes on 5.3's with AFM removed.

8. ChevyBoy2009

That would be awesome!...its getting pretty decent right now...more is better:great:

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

grats on the tuner, im super curious what numbers you will see, since out trucks are so similar, crew cab 4x4 5.3s. with almost the same tires.

i need to get the custom tune done for my truck, but i just spend most of 3 grand on the trailer I bought. it will have to wait.

Alex

10. ChevyBoy2009

Im curious how the truck will run with AFM off...i cant wait for my exhaust to sound normal now (sounds like a 4cyl on steroids when AFM is on)...ive heard i could gain a few mpg's with it off?