Lookin' at a beautiful '91!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by bigburb, Oct 18, 2009.

1. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well, I found this truck friday night, and went out to take a look at it Saturday morning:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1424853145.html

Obviously, it's a CLEAN 1991 GMC K1500. The truck has about a 3" lift with nice 33's and wheels, all which are about a year old. The owner swapped the old bench seat for the console and bucket seats (which are, literally, the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in). The underside of the truck does not have a single hint of rust, does not leak of drop of anything, and is just about clean enough to eat off of. It also has the same head unit as my old suburban (Kenwood KDC-MP238, great deck). It has 112,341 original miles on the 350/700r4. Also on there is a brand new cat-converter and Thrush SI/DO muffler. The truck drives and rides SMOOOOTH, even took it up to 70 with no vibrations or anything.

When I looked at it, the guy said it had been sitting about a week. When I went to start it, I just bumped the key and it fired to life... amazing!

My parents say they will pay $1,650 (since that was half price of my old suburban, I was going to pay them the other 1,650 before I sold it), so the other roughly $2k after licensing and all that will have to come out of my pocket. So now I'm on a mad hunt for a new job, and seeing this truck gives me all the more motivation I need.

But anyway, all I can say is I think I'm in LOVE with this truck !:love:

LOL but in all seriousness, I think I may have coninced my parents to buy it. We'll see how that plays out in the next few days. Guess I better start saving. My parents are going to pay the full price up front and then once I get a new job I'm goign to start making payments on it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good Luck! Keep your fingers crossed. Hope everything works out.:glasses:

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, it's no 'burb, but it is a nice lookin' machine.

Good luck!