Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking at a Jimmy for my kid. (???'s)

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by Curky, May 2, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My 01 s10 I had was indestructable, the little 4.3 took a hell of a beating. 100,000 never cracked the motor open for anything. I agree with the seat adjuster though, I fixed two of them on a friends 99 Jimmy.

2. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Hello there I would do it, I got my gf a 97 s10 blazer at 93,000 and we been the meanest to but at 130 i still haven't put anything but oil and new tires it runs and drives real good

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

OK, I keep hearing about the front end going bad on these. So, what are we talking about here. Front (lower&upper Ball Joint) Tie rod, Idler arm. Can some give me a list of the parts that would be needed? I need to figure out the price of all of this. Thanks for you help. [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] ?? maybe you could help?

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know of issues with the front wheel hubs in them. Other than that, if you wanted to do a complete rebuild you would need: upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, idler arm, and pitman arm. (front shocks if you want). you may want to also consider replacing the control arm bushings, the uppers are pretty easy, I believe that the lowers require removal of the torsion bars to get the lower control arm off.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. Curky

Thanks Buddy. I knew you had my back. I just want to see what it would cost if this goes. Im looking at a 2002 Blazer
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3771972584.html

- - - Updated - - -

Pitman arm ?????

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I listed pitman arm.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a firm believer in replacing front end parts that raise any sort of suspicion before installing new tires. I completely rebuilt the front end of my 2002 (everything but a new rack) at 100,000 miles. I planned on keeping the truck for a long time and did not want to burn thru a set of $1000 tires. I ended up selling the truck with around 135,000 on it. I can tell you that every person that drove it commented on how tight the front end was compared to other 2002 silverados that they drove.

7. Curky

This is pretty hard finding a ok SUV for under $4000. Most are FORD's my wife keeps telling me to get over it and I told her it is not parking in our drive way. lol I am going to look at a couple of Jeeps today.(NOT Wranglers) That would be cool, because when she goes to school I get to keep it, lol