Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking at high mileage Suburban

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by drifteral, Jan 2, 2010.

1. drifteral

drifteral New Member

New to the forum here and need some input. Looking for a cheap spare truck. I'm looking at a 500k mile 94 suburban, New motor at 250k and new tranny at 325k. The owner wants 1k for it and it's actually in very good shape for the mostly highway miles. Runs and drives good also.
    Are there things i can do to help boost the life of the engine and tranny?
    I need somthing i can put about 12 thousand miles a year on the the next couple years.

Thanks
    Al
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome Al, i think for 1 K u can't go wrong......i would not really tow heavy trailers and change oil and filters every 4 K miles , keep good and clean fuel in and u should be fine !!!!!!:great:
  3. R Runner

R Runner New Member

I would do a detailed tune up..... Change all of the fluids, check the wires, etc...

As stated before, $1000 is a good price for anything that runs.
  4. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

250k on a new motor and 175k on a new tranny is still quite a bit, but if it runs and drives real nice and is in good shape, for 1,000 bucks I would say take it! Just give it a good tune-up as others have said.