1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking at possibly getting into an Impala...

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by quickzilverado, Mar 12, 2007.

1. quickzilverado

quickzilverado New Member

Hey all...I've had my silverado for about 1.5 years...and the gas mileage (and payment) is killing me...

I have a short list of cars I want to consider:

-Cobalt
    -Impala
    -Malibu
    -Monte Carlo

I've driven all except for the Malibu...and noticed from the Cobalt, Monte, and Impala, the Impala was the best hands down! But I drove 06 models of each cars...and can't quite afford an 06. Does anyone think that the previous design Monte/Impala would be a good bet? Any problems? If I got a 2001-2004 Monte/Impala it would have to be the 3.8 liter.

Thanks,

Anthony
  2. 06rado

06rado New Member

Hi New to this site. Have an 01 Impala LS 3.8 L with 41,000 km (Canadian). Amazing car. Had two things done under warranty. O2 sensor & the pass lock security modual. Other than that it's been great fun. Great gas mileage too. 30 mpg instant on the hwy with cruise on at 75 MPH. Mid range passing power is amazing. Once passed a line of 5 cars doing 45mph, & was at 100 by the 5th car. Have friends with the 3.4 model that wish they would have gotten the 3.8
  3. quickzilverado

Yeah I'm shy of the 3.4 model...so I'm looking for the 3.8!! My mom has a Lumina LTZ w/ the 3.8 and I love it, great power!! Thanks for your help BTW!

-Anthony
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3800 has always been a great motor, and I've heard nothing but good things about years between 01-04 for Impala. Happy motoring!
  5. quickzilverado

Thanks I'll be checking out a couple Impalas and Monte Carlos from 01-04 this weekend :) Wish me luck!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

You're getting 30 MPG with the 3.8 and all that power?
  7. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

One of Melanie’s interns had one with a 3.8 and I got to drive it a few times after doing some work on it and loved it.

Considering a 3.8 for my Fiero, with all the balls it had in her Impala I can’t imagine what the little fiero would be like driving.

I say go for the Impala.
  8. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member 100 Posts

I drove an impala with the cylinder kick down option, we got 33 mpg on the interstate and lots of power when needed. Swweeeeett.
  9. 06rado

06rado New Member

The Mileage really is that good. At 50mph it's up to 44 mpg. According to the computer over all combined city/hwy to date is 29.7 mpg, & I've even worn out the front Eagle GA's At 30,000km:smile: No problem gettin' 'em to spin off the line. (just remember to turn T.C. off) Definately go for an Impala. I'm keepin' mine till it's bone yard time.
  10. quickzilverado

Welp...I ended up getting an 06 Pontiac G6 GTP w/ the 3.9 liter :) I love it!! I'm not getting the best gas mileage cause I've just drove it around town...its getting 20-21 on the computer deal...hehe....but its fun!! I love it!