1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

looking for a good tire with an aggressive tread pattern

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cow_tipper 01, Jun 25, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

so the truck needs new tires shortly and I am looking to just put some meaty/aggressive looking tires on the 16's. I had cooper zeon ltzs on my old dodge ram, but those are pretty expensive and still an option. What does everyone else suggest for a tire?

Thanks
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have Goodyear’s Wrangler AT/S, I really like them. I have read a lot of bad reviews on them but I have not had a problem with them at all; Very little noise, Great in Snow, good look. On wet a little slick from a stop if you hit the gas a little hard but most tires do. My next set I will get them again.
  3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member 100 Posts

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

might have to get a set of those when i go to replace my stock A/Ts.

Alex
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Go big or go home!
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

not all of us can afford to do that. :p the wife and kid might want things too. besides, who said i was gonna get the same size??? :) some 275/70R18s would look good i think.....

Alex
  7. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

Good year wrangler duratacs ive had them on for about 8 months now and they are the best set i owned as far as being inbetween an at and mt
  8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

I have had good luck with Dick Cepek Tires... the Mud Country, I ran 26k miles on them before giving them to my son. We still have about 50% of the tread left on them. I am thinking 40 - 50k miles before they need replaced. I replaced them when I got a new set of rims... and I put the FC-II's on. So far they are wearing nicely and a pretty quiet althouh they do hum some. If you look at my Pic I have about 5k miles on them... they are wearing like steal. If you compare the two... the mud countries clean out better... the FC-IIs tend to pick up stones a little. I have not used them in mud yet... but the Mud Countries were awesome.
  9. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

hmmm, those falkens look pretty promising! i think that will be my next tire! what do people usually run on a stock wheel, how much bigger can you go before leveling?
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hello from across the river in MN, Duratracs are PRICEY, last i saw $200+, I have Dunlop Rover MT maxx tractions, full mud tire but rated a 10 for snow and ice. I love these and they were only 160 a piece. these are also wearing xtremely well and not just for a mudd tire for any truck tire I have ever owned. I know that 99% will bow down to BFG but I had a brand new set of 285/75/16 on my suburban and I HATED them like no other thing in the world! they were horrible in the MN winters, I had them on my truck for a couple months before I set enough was enough, I was gonna get the Duratracs but the price was not what I really wanted to pay, these had just come out and my mechanic recommended them especially since I was considering the Duratracs. These are now on my pickup and with NO weight in the bed they still did great in the winter, even with out record snow we had 2 winters ago these were the BEST truck tire I have ever had.!! I have no clearence issues on my 99 silverado with a 285/75/16 on it!!