Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

looking for a good tire with an aggressive tread pattern

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cow_tipper 01, Jun 25, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Give the kid a tire to play with. The wife can push the kid down a hill in it ... or on a swing, or whatever. See, I'm practical!

2. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

haha that would be an interesting site…"why is he in a tire rolling down the hill?", "oh the wife said i had to get him something if i buy new wheels and tires, so i got him a tire and he went to town on it."

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I guess kids don't go rolling down hills in tires, anymore because, heaven forbid they have a little risk in their lives. I know I did my share of it as a kid ... but I also toted a .22 rifle as an unsupervised 8 year old to go shoot holes in buckets we'd set up, and I rode boat throw cushions through a 6' diameter pipe that had water rushing through it from a backwater on the lake any time the dam was pulling water for power. Times are different today compared to 30 years ago; our ountry and its citizenry has, by and large, become a risk-adverse, pussified version of itself. It makes me sad. Only kids in the country have a chance to taste bits of what it was once like for all but urban kids, I think...

4. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

its a thing that is unheard of anymore, kids having fun. that is, without their parents being looked at as "not caring" about their childrens safety..and im only 24 and ive noticed the significant change.

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

200+ that aint bad since thats what i paid for my 35's i paid over 400 a tire for my old toyo mt and my new mtz will be around the same price

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Those look like the ones I have. Mine are the Wild Peak ATs

7. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

wow, paying $400+/tire is just ridiculous in my book. I mean, if you have the means to do so, than more power to ya. Im just looking for an affordable, yet aggressive looking tire and these falkens fit the description!

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I don't know if Pep Boys still sells them or not but about 10 years ago the Fortera (I think that was the brand name) sold an M/T that was pretty cheap and rode well.

9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I get 50k+ out of my cooper stt and they are a very aggressive tire. ride good for a mud terrain, but have a pretty decent hum

10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i didnt read through all the posts, but just saying if you like the cooper zeons, (which they dont make anything for under a 20" rim),
    then cooper also has the discoverer ATP, which is practically the exact same tread pattern as the zeon only for tires under 20". dont know if someone already said this or not, if you want some opinions on tires message me, i work at discount tire and deal with nothing but tires all day every day LOL
    so i think i know a tad bit about them :)