1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a high quality 8" lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

I've been looking at lifting my truck and finally decided on an 8". I was originally looking at a 6, but so many times I'd see a 6 and think maybe it should be a little bit higher. That being said I've seen 10s and above and don't want to be that aggressive for my daily driver. (I know, 8 isn't aggressive, right? What can I say? A 4 door honda could have served my purpose too.)

All of that being said, I know just enough about the lifts to get myself in trouble. I've looked at many of the brands listed on here but they seem to stop at 6" I really want a complete suspension lift and avoid the body. I'd rather do a 6 than a 6 with a 2" body lift. There's no real reason for that beyond personal preference. Can anyone recommend a company or two I should look at that makes high quality "8" suspension lifts? My primary concern is function first and aesthetics second. I want the truck to look clean but don't want to worry about breaking something if I hit a rough trail. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance provided. Have a great day everyone.

--Jeremy
  2. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

I would definitely go with CST 8" kit. They make awesome kits, one of my buddies has had a 6-8" CST kit on his 06 Duramax for about 2 years now and has had no problems at all. You can even check out Cognito Motorsports they make 7-9" kit and a 10-12" kit for your truck.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Looking for a high quality 8 lift

CST Performance Suspension makes a 8inch lift for your truck and there lifts are good quality and design.
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. CST and Cognito both gave me some good stuff to look at. Now I just need to start deciding on some wheels and tires. =)