Looking for a high quality 8" lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been looking at lifting my truck and finally decided on an 8". I was originally looking at a 6, but so many times I'd see a 6 and think maybe it should be a little bit higher. That being said I've seen 10s and above and don't want to be that aggressive for my daily driver. (I know, 8 isn't aggressive, right? What can I say? A 4 door honda could have served my purpose too.)

All of that being said, I know just enough about the lifts to get myself in trouble. I've looked at many of the brands listed on here but they seem to stop at 6" I really want a complete suspension lift and avoid the body. I'd rather do a 6 than a 6 with a 2" body lift. There's no real reason for that beyond personal preference. Can anyone recommend a company or two I should look at that makes high quality "8" suspension lifts? My primary concern is function first and aesthetics second. I want the truck to look clean but don't want to worry about breaking something if I hit a rough trail. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance provided. Have a great day everyone.

--Jeremy

2. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

I would definitely go with CST 8" kit. They make awesome kits, one of my buddies has had a 6-8" CST kit on his 06 Duramax for about 2 years now and has had no problems at all. You can even check out Cognito Motorsports they make 7-9" kit and a 10-12" kit for your truck.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looking for a high quality 8 lift

CST Performance Suspension makes a 8inch lift for your truck and there lifts are good quality and design.

4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. CST and Cognito both gave me some good stuff to look at. Now I just need to start deciding on some wheels and tires. =)