Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a job / new place to live

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by donyms, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'm thinking about enlisting in the Navy and look into being a SeaBee but I didn't tell yall this SHH!

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When I get back next year I've been looking at the Denver area and Texas personally. I don't do anything even slightly related to what you do, but the overall economy is good in both places as is the general cost of living. I prefer Denver because of the mountains, snowboarding, etc.. People I currently work with have slowly been talking me into giving Texas a shot. I loved southern california, but it's just too expensive unless you want a LONG commute. My home is currently in Washington, but... eh. It's a place to live for me. I have no plans to stay there. The easiest place for me to get a job is in the Maryland, DC, VA area, but then you also have much higher cost of living, so I'm not sure about that yet.

That might have just been a huge rant that doesn't help at all. If so, I'm sorry. I've just looked at similar things, albeit in a completely different industry.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, you guys have been a big help so far. I put in some apps in VA and TN this morning so far. I need all the help and input I can get so keep them coming. Thanks. :glasses:

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Come on Guys and Gals, Still need input about jobs in the woodworking industry and nice places to live. All input is appreciated. :glasses:

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sadly I know nothing about the woodworking industry.... :(

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My friends father owns wheeler wood works in lawernceville,ga that's all I know bout wood working around here. They do some high end stuff

7. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

Nothing wrong with enlisting into a branch of service sir! I myself am getting ready to enlist into the Marine Corps soon, I just need to drop a whole 15 pounds before they let me swear in and then another 10 pounds before I am able to ship out, which by then won't be too hard. I've already hit my 210 plateau, and it was funny seeing myself weigh 214 yesterday, and then 210 today after I ate lunch. I guess eating chicken after working my muscles pretty hard makes your body eat itself while you sleep ^.^

8. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Seen lots of places to live, not not for work. Try searchin www.usajobs.gov and www.avuecenteral.com for some federal work around the country. Although I'm extremely biased, I have the website for the Nevada state jobs if you're interested. Little bit of everything out here as well so far as out door rec stuff! Good luck with your search and let us know how it goes!
    [MENTION=48233]rileyjr16[/MENTION] & [MENTION=43305]Ridyn[/MENTION] , good luck on your enlistments! Finished up 9 years myself in the Navy. Keep an open mind about your prospective commands, and don't let anybody else tell you how great or crappy it is!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Been there and done that buddy lol. I got a med discharge from DEP from torn ligaments in my left ankle and my run time went from 10 flat to 1330 which is passing but not by RSS Baton Rouge's standards. Thanks [MENTION=15277]Drake_korthos[/MENTION] my brother said no since he just got out but I'm 20 frickin years old I should make up my own darn mind lol

10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The Northeast is great for a lot of things but cost of living and cheap rent aren't on the list. My in-laws just bought a place outside of Wilmington, NC and I love it there. I admit that I don't know much about the job market there, although it's an area that's growing. The fishing and outdoor life there is great, and you have access to a lot in that area. I don't know how close the furniture industry is to Wilmington, but that might be a good source of income if it's in the area. I also have relatives in central Texas which is very nice, although very hot in the summer.

Good luck with your search, and let us know where you end up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.