1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a little Rumble in my 06 GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dano8928, Nov 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. dano8928

dano8928 New Member

Hey guys,
    I wanna get a muffler that gives my truck a little more rumble to it. Im havin a hell of a time trying to find one with the dual inlet and single outlet like the stock one is now. Just tryingto avoid getting the "Y" pipe. Any suggestions?!?
    -Dan
  2. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

I don't think your going to find a whole lot unless you to a dual in dual out set up or y pipe it before the muffler. You could also go with a cat back system and replace it all.
    I just got a Gibson ss dual cat back for mine, and I love it. Its still pretty quiet inside the cab but has a deep mellow tone, I can't stand the cab resonance you get with flowmasters.
    Also I think I've seen some suburbans and tahoes that y pipe the dual exit muffler before exiting behind the wheel....you might be able to swap them out
  3. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

It's a lot easier than it appears. Many aftermarket oval muffs can be run in either direction, so a dual/single setup works for you. A good example is the Magnaflow 12158, which is dual/single, fits where your muff is located, and is reversible. Available many places, including ebay for about $110. Flowmaster makes the same thing, too.Jim[h=1][/h]
  4. SEMiller

SEMiller New Member

Amazon on has the magnaflow for $100: http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12158-Satin-Stainless-Muffler/dp/B000CCFIYE
  5. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

Aren't magna flows perforated tube? Running them backward would ruin the desired effect of the muffler. Also even on a chambered muffler, the baffles are designed to function in one direction of airflow...and reversing that would change the sound and add restriction to the exhaust system
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

exactly. Glass packs and "turbo" style mufflers are the only ones that are reversible unless otherwise specified. Most company's make dual in and single out mufflers. Flowmaster is one of them. Call summit or he's and they can get you a price and/or part number for the correct fitment that you desire without jerry rigging something else that doesn't belong.
  7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

they post on their site that they can be reversed....so, you guys decide. If you cut open some of the perf muffs, you will see that the perfs are often multi-directional. I, too, had the same concern. But once I saw "reversible" on the description of many of their chambered muffs on their site, I stopped being concerned.
  8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

I wonder if anyone here has done any flow test on them in both directions as well as other mufflers. I'd be interested in seeing the results.