Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a transmission online for a 2000 5.3l chevy 1500.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Ijustgotthistruck, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ijustgotthistruck

Ijustgotthistruck New Member

I found one from a 1999 tahoe. It is the 4L60e trany-M30. Will it fit my truck is the question?

2. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

Should,. 99-00 are interchangeable. How much is it? how many miles?

3. Ijustgotthistruck

750 supposedly it was just rebuilt and he totaled the truck.

4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

99 tahoe should be OBS ,,,,,,,,,,,,, 2000 silverado NBS.. so probably not. its all about the PCM/electrical ..

5. squatchy

if its a late 99 tahoe it'd be the same regardless of obs/nbs. I never got a straight answer when I did the trans in my 00, but the 2 things I kept hearing were 98-01 were all the same, and then I would hear late 99 there were changes made. So it basically is a toss up.

6. Ijustgotthistruck

Is there any way I can find which transmission would fit other then a 2000 silverado/sierra?

7. squatchy

Does the truck not have a trans? Really a quality rebuild with upgrades isn't gonna be that much more than just buying a used/possibly rebuilt one.

8. j cat

just because it is a 4l60 tranny does not mean they are the same ... GM has made many 4l60 tranny with many different electrical controls and feed back devices/sensors.

now usually when GM makes changes like this the tranny electrical connector will not match. that means it will not work.

the PCM will bitch and the tranny will not shift properly ...a waste of time and money.

what is the problem with your tranny ? could be just some valve body replacing , could also be the shell broke !

9. Ijustgotthistruck

It won't shift into 4th or 3rd. Drives fine in first and reverse. It goes into second but it make a grinding/ squeaking noise.

10. j cat

sounds like the ab solenoid valve bodies are worn , not sure on that grinding sound... have to open it see whats up..

rebuild with warranty should be 1700-2200... must have 1 year warranty.. also you must demand the use of dexron VI.. do not use dexron III...