1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a Tuner...

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by afalvarado, Aug 15, 2012.

1. afalvarado

afalvarado New Member

I have a 2007 burban and I am thinking about purchasing a tuner? Have looked at superchips, edge, diablo, bully dog...

I know is more about personal preference but I would like to know which one is popular...

Thanks,
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Programmers and Tuning
    Section of the Forum

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The programmer of the moment is the Diablo InTune..... There is only 1 part number and is compatible with all 1999-2013 GM Trucks... gas and diesel. I got one about 2 months ago and have been happy with it. It is also software upgradable, once you tune your truck, you can un plug it and store it till you need it again where some tuners have to stay connected all the time and could get stolen if people see it.

The Intune is a little smaller lxh and a little thicker than an Iphone.
  4. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member 100 Posts

Diablo InTune and trinity seem to be the hot tuners currently. I personally have the trinity and love it.
  5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

yes, the diablosport Trinity and inTune will both work for your truck...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, either by themselves, or I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. You can find info on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com let me know if you're interested and I can get you hooked up! ;)

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, they're the same. but I like the Trinity alot better for data logging and monitoring, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, gauge layouts, etc so it's easier to go through while it's mounted, easier to find/select the parameters... you can save gauge/parameter layouts for logging/monitoring so you don't have to select the parameters every time - you just select a gauge layout you had saved from before, and all the parameters are already all selected and good to go... you can watch/view the data since it's mounted... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my preferences, I like the Trinity better...

so really, it's up to you man. :)

the diablosport tools have the most adjustability of any handheld programmer, the most vehicle support, full data logging capabilities of many many more parameters than others, PLUS - you can get custom tuning done for diablo's tools for your vehicle - which you can not do with the others, so you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on theirs....
  6. mah2496

mah2496 New Member

Ive had my inTune for several months with custom tune by DiabLew (06MonteSS) and have been very pleased. Mpg is solid 1 mpg better, tows my wakeboat better, and the top end throttle for passing is night & day better.