Looking for Blazer stuff...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by redjohn, Feb 14, 2010.

1. redjohn

redjohn New Member

Greetings fellow Blazer guys.
    I just found this site and I have a couple of questions on aftermarket items to start tweaking my old Blazedog with. I have a '77 K-5 and I have a few things I want to do to it. (It's an ugly old dog, but it's my baby. Body work comes next.) I've got the mechanical pretty much where I want it- that's the hobby part for me- and niw I want to change up the rest a little to suit the way I use it.
    I want to pop the top and put a "bulk head" behind the front seat, basically make myself a short box hunting truck.QUESTION: Is there anything out there on the market or do I make my own? (Not a big deal since I'm a welding instructor.) I'm looking for a bolt in set-up that will be weather proof since I use the old dog for hunting here in the mountains and it's usually cold as hell.
    Thanks in advance for your help. Who knows, I might even be able to figure out how to access the blog again and read answers. Ha! Redjohn

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Many years ago, back in the early 80's late 70's there was a company that made a steel half top for Blazers, it looked like the Bronco half top, I have'nt seen one in years and I dont remember the name of the company.
    Try looking at Kayline and Best top, Kayline made canvas half tops for Jeeps and Blazers up untill a few years ago and I believe Besttop still makes them for Jeeps.

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:sign0016:

6. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I've seen a few old Blazers converted to short bedsl, but all looked "home fabbed". Good luck!

9. redjohn

redjohn New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thanks for the info guys. tbplus- I checked the Kayline site and it looks like they are pretty much all soft top equipment now but that's something to keep in mind.
    Retired2001- I think you're probably on track with the "home fabbed" idea. That won't be a big problem since I had my own welding business for a lot of years and I've been teaching a welding class for the last 12. My students should be able to do a quality job on something like this if I supervise the deal (and maybe do some of the trickier stuff myself). Thanks again!

10. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor