Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking for Blazer stuff...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by redjohn, Feb 14, 2010.

1. redjohn

redjohn New Member

Greetings fellow Blazer guys.
    I just found this site and I have a couple of questions on aftermarket items to start tweaking my old Blazedog with. I have a '77 K-5 and I have a few things I want to do to it. (It's an ugly old dog, but it's my baby. Body work comes next.) I've got the mechanical pretty much where I want it- that's the hobby part for me- and niw I want to change up the rest a little to suit the way I use it.
    I want to pop the top and put a "bulk head" behind the front seat, basically make myself a short box hunting truck.QUESTION: Is there anything out there on the market or do I make my own? (Not a big deal since I'm a welding instructor.) I'm looking for a bolt in set-up that will be weather proof since I use the old dog for hunting here in the mountains and it's usually cold as hell.
    Thanks in advance for your help. Who knows, I might even be able to figure out how to access the blog again and read answers. Ha! Redjohn

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Many years ago, back in the early 80's late 70's there was a company that made a steel half top for Blazers, it looked like the Bronco half top, I have'nt seen one in years and I dont remember the name of the company.
    Try looking at Kayline and Best top, Kayline made canvas half tops for Jeeps and Blazers up untill a few years ago and I believe Besttop still makes them for Jeeps.

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:sign0016:

6. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I've seen a few old Blazers converted to short bedsl, but all looked "home fabbed". Good luck!

9. redjohn

redjohn New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thanks for the info guys. tbplus- I checked the Kayline site and it looks like they are pretty much all soft top equipment now but that's something to keep in mind.
    Retired2001- I think you're probably on track with the "home fabbed" idea. That won't be a big problem since I had my own welding business for a lot of years and I've been teaching a welding class for the last 12. My students should be able to do a quality job on something like this if I supervise the deal (and maybe do some of the trickier stuff myself). Thanks again!

10. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor