1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for egr valve pro.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by paul logan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. paul logan

paul logan New Member

I have a s-15 with a vortec 4.3ltr .I have replaced this valve 5 times in the last 80,000 miles. What could be the cause - the engine has been rebuilt with all the basic injestors etc. Any ideas??? Paul
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club,Paul. I'm sure someone on this site can help.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

***thread moved**********

Well it could be burning up.. But what brand are you using. Certain parts are best when replaced with GM OE parts. One prime example is the IAC... So that may be a cause..
  4. GMGUY

GMGUY Member

General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Campaign involving certain 1996-97 C/K, S/T, M/L, G and P model vehicles equipped with 4.3L (RPO L35 or LF6), 5.OL (RPO L30), and 5.7L (RPO L31) engines. Due to Service Parts Catalog part number reference errors, these vehicles may have been serviced with an incorrect Linear Exhaust Gas Recirculation (LEGR) valve according to warranty records. An incorrect LEGR valve may cause the On-Board Diagnostic emission system to not operate as intended and/or cause driveability complaints.----TAKEN FROM A GM BULLITIN. IF YOU ARE REPLACING THE EGR, COMPAIRING THE PART NUMBER, YOU MAY BE RUNNING INTO TROUBLE. I DID NOT SEE THE YEAR OF YOUR VEHICLE TO BE CERTAIN IF THIS APPLIES.
  5. paul logan

paul logan New Member

HI, thank you for reply on the egr valve,the year of the vehicle is 1995,would this bullletin cover my 4.3?

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Hi Mike, I have been using borg warner egr valves.I did not understand the prime example of (IAC)?
  6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What i meant was the Idle Air control valve. I was trying to say it might be the parts supplier selling less than stellar parts, I have had problems with the idle air control valves in the past. usually i got a week of operation from them and they quit soon after. So i went to the Dealer and got one and havent had a problem now in 60K miles. However i was just wondering aloud if it might be a problem with the parts/quality....