1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for Gov / Police Suburban info

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by MPA11, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Old auctioned police CVs are every where here. The are stripped but many have spot lights and even push bumpers still on them. The thugs love em.
  2. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

Your post seemed to indicate that mere possession of such a vehicle is against the law. That is clearly not the case here. Not sure why you are so defensive.

As for the reasons for owning a police package? Many people like to put brush guards, driving lights on their trucks. My friend has a former Forest Ranger Tahoe that has such a setup. Also police packages often have upgraded suspensions, heavy duty transmissions and yes, usually larger motors.

Yes, many of these vehicles are removed of their light bars and sirens, which they should be. Otherwise, there are many practical reasons to want a police package vehicle.

Criminal law here is based on intent. And impersonating an officer is based on your actions, not a vehicle type with accessories. If there were any violations it would be a traffic infraction for illegal vehicle equipment which may vary from state\local jurisdictions. With that said, I doubt any jurisdiction here has such an overzealous charge for impersonating an officer for just owning a vehicle with a brush bar, or a spotlight.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

I used to upfit cop cars, and a buddy had an old troop car. We've come to the conclusion that traffic sucks. The cars are pretty fast, with tight suspension; but they're a pain to drive.

What's the first thing you do when you look in the mirror and see a 'cop car'? That's right - slow down. So there you are, in a fast, tight, car that you bought for nothin', and everyone goes 5mph slower around you. I may or may not have taken some liberties with the street paint in the still-serviceable cars, but my buddy only lasted about a year with his super-fast road block.
  4. MPA11

MPA11 New Member

Well my post seems to have cuased quite a stir. Thank you all for your replies.

Erica, it's my perogative to want such a vehicle, because it is cool, and I like them. That's all the reason I need. But I do appreciate your input. Kraziken, thanks very much for your input as well you certainly put things in perspective and highlighted many of the reasons I'm looking for a police package. Thank you FrigginNoodles (awesome name) for highlighting my intentions when I wasn't around to do it for myself. And KidHauler, that's a pretty funny story, and something I hadn't thought of, so thanks to you as well. Blackout, thanks for the lead, I'm going to look for a truck in Texas now, although I'm certainly not a thug. Ok, think I got everybody!

Till the next time someone finds a reason to flame me on a forum,
    MPA
  5. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

MPA... just a small word of advice because your new here to the site; when you post a thread like that, and there are over 400,000 members in this club, lots are police, officers, military etc.. and lots are opinionated, and have tons of knowledge of the law and stuff like that, you are definitely going to get a wide variety of posts and responses..If you cant handle the responses then don't post topics like that. We are all here to offer advice, help and be here for each other, you must have at least known that if you post something like that, people are going to wanna be opinionated.. And next time you wanna call people out on a thread or the site, probably not a good idea... Thats how you make enemies with people who are just trying to offer their knowledge and advice...
    Till next time you find a reason to post a response like that!!
  6. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

Wow...lots of drama over such a simple subject.
  7. MPA11

MPA11 New Member

Seriously, dude.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

What is going on here? Erica, I said Thanks, and that I appreciated your input. All helpful info is great, but you have bad attitude and continue to poke. The way you write makes it look as if you're talking Down to people from your pedestal, and from the looks of things I'm not be the only one who thinks so. That's why I "write responses like that" and will "call out" whomever I please as long as they deserve it. So "If you can't handle being called out then don't post snobby replies". I don't know who you are but I don't like your attitude or the way you talk to people, so I couldn't care less if I'm not on your "buddy list". I mean come on, I'm here for truck info. Do you think I'm even remotely interested in an internet forum p***ing match..... So just get off my back and go someplace else.

I'm not speaking to you again. That's not what I'm here for. I'm not ruining my name for you.
  8. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

Thread was over. Someone inserted more kindling. LOL.

Good luck in car shopping. :)