GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Looking For Ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Jan 24, 2012.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Hey everyone,

Something very strange has happened... I actually have a few extra bucks to dump into the truck (around $400). I always have a ton of ideas of things I would like to do, but now that I have the chance I want to choose wisely.

I would love some suggestions as to what you guys would do for this budget. I am more looking into appearance mods because I use the truck for work and don't drive like I used to. My first thought is to get my dual exhaust done, but then I start thinking about a new grille, fender flares, or maybe hockey stripes, oh wait I know what to get, I'll get some step bars hmm, or maybe a light bar of some sort....

I have been going back and forth on what to get and figured I'd see what you guys would do if it were your truck. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

**Edit** These are the most recent pics I have of the truck...HERE
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

How long have you had the exhaust at the bottom of your sig? It looks like you've had your eye on that for awhile, so you may want to mark it off your "to do" list and feel good about accomplishing another mod goal you've been aiming for!!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

Do the exhaust those bow tie tips will look good i have them on my truck with 40 series flowmaster
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I agree -- tick the exhaust off your list. It's so easy to get distracted from one's plans. I speak from experience, as my re-gear project would already be done if I hadn't done my winch project before it. (Winch was supposed to be in spring!)
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Go with your gut feeling!! Usually its hard to make up your mind what you want to do next. Make a list of mods you want to do and prioritise them in the order you want to do them. You may want to start with the less expensive mods first to get through them quicker but it really comes down to your personal preference and what you feel is most important to you!!!
  6. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

I think if your using the truck more for work and your leaning towards appearance mods, maybe do something to the interior.
  7. lquattro04

lquattro04 Member

Like most people said so far, I would go with the exhaust. If you would go with fender flares you would most likely need to get bigger tires and a leveling kit to keep up with the overall appearance (if thats the look your going for). A grille would look nice as well, and depending on how much the exhaust costruns you, you may be able to get them both :happy:.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on!
  8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have had the exhaust in my sig for a while, too long i guess. I am going to go with the exhaust. I used to have a dual set up on my 03 and that is something I have come to truly miss.

Do you remember where you purchased your tips? I have been looking online and have seen some mixed reviews.
  9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I think your caution here is a good thing. I saw one of the cheap bowtie tips (the only kind you can get locally here) on a truck one day and it was so rusted out that the bowtie outline on the end was about the only piece left. As long as you find some that are decent quality, they should hold up just fine though.
  10. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Well, I know to stay away from the Pilot brand tips...

This is what they show you when you purchase...
    exhausttip.jpg

And, this is what they send you (this is a customer image posted on Amazon)
    31wnrwvcjZL.jpg 414gMWJFntL.jpg
  11. darkness-lies-

Got the tip from summit racing go with jones exhaust tips.
  12. darkness-lies-

13. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Wow, that one looks pretty rough. For non-bowtie tips, I had a pilot tip on my Silverado that I picked up for $12 at an american Wal-Mart. It was the only one that I could find for under $100 that would fit the 2.75" factory exhaust. It was a nice rolled tip and was actually really good quality. Alberta winters didn't even phase that tip.
  14. 747

747 New Member

I see you have made your selection, I think that was a good idea. When you have a V8 under the hood, there is no better mod choice than exhaust.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  15. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Wow, those look great! Thanks for the info. I will be stopping by the muffler shop for a quote within a few days and will let you guys know how I do.
  16. darkness-lies-

Thanks cant wait to see yours done
  17. AutoAnything

AutoAnything New Member

Good choice on the exhaust, that was my choice!
  18. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

holy crap..........they don't look like what I thought....I have them on my wish list (not sure anymore)
    ---Have you thought about Front Tow Hooks???...black or chrome....One is about 70 bucks, the other I
    think (chrome) is about double the price. ...good luck Brian