1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Looking for in dash, Head Rest DVD for 2011 Silverado??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tylerjrob, Mar 24, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tylerjrob

tylerjrob New Member

Ok, guys. I am reading some different post and getting confused. Here is what I am wanting to do. I have a 2011 Silverado LT. I have the gray cloth interior. I am wanting to install an aftermarket headrest DVD that I can control the DVD from the radio. I do not want a DVD screen in the radio itself. Can I do this? Can you buy something like this as a package? Will this be easy to install myself? Thanks.....

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You have two options...get headrest monitors with no DVD player and buy a dvd player you can install up front somewhere....they are not too big...about the size of a DVD drive in a desk top computer. You then could control it from a remote.

Since you arent going to be watching the video sounds like...just get the headrest monitors with a built in DVD player and be done with it. The folks in the back can control it via a remote.

Or...I guess there is a 3rd option.....buy yourself a nice headunit with DVD and the headrest monitors with no DVD and you can control the DVD from the headunit. You of course will have a screen but it wont let you view a movie while driving up front unless you "bypass" that safety option.

Is this for the kids? If it is the second option is best...it allows you to listren to the radio while they watch a movie with IR headphones.

3. tylerjrob

tylerjrob New Member

Sounds like I want to go with the head rest unit with the dvd ion the actual head rest. Do you know a reputable company to order from that has the gray cloth interior?

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts