Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

looking for more HP and MPG

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by thekingsphance, Oct 20, 2008.

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

I'm looking for more horsepower and gas mileage for my 01 silverado. So far I've already made a few mods but can't think of anything else to do without messing with the internals. so far I have: K&n intake kit, flexalite electric fan, edelbrock headers, amsoil synthetic oil, dual exhaust 40 series muffler, and a hypertech programmer. what else can I do in the price range of $0-500. I'm thinking about dropping some money on a MSD ignition kit, can anyone vouche for MSD?? Thank you all in advance.

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like you've done quite a bit! Sound like a sweet truck. The only thing I can think of that would be another "bolt-on", is an aftermarket MAF sensor. I know JET and Granatelli make one for GM trucks. I've heard people say they received performance boosts from them, but I'm not sure about fuel mileage.

3. EKperformance

EKperformance Member

how about a different ring and pinion to change the rear end ratio, do you know wich one you have?

4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Agreeded w Matt on the MAF. Also you can do a forced air induction for your filter.
    Some sort of bed cover will help with milage also. Dont know what other "bolt on" applications can be helpfull. What kind of milage do you currently get, and w what driving habits??