1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for my first c/k diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Mr. Smith0927, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mr. Smith0927

Mr. Smith0927 New Member

I'm looking to buy my first c/k diesel and am looking to go far enough back that there isn't an onboard computer. Can anyone tell me what year models I can find what I'm looking for?
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

What year are you looking for? And I am not sure about the on board computer, but when I have time I can help search. In the near future, I am looking at trying to find a c/k between 88 and 98. For some reason, I love that body style and too this day, I have only seen like two in existence. Hope you find what you are looking for in the mean time
  3. sicandtwisted

sicandtwisted New Member

i looked at a 93 1 ton with a 6.9 turbo diesel here not to long ago im not sure if it had a computer or not im pretty sure it was mechanical fuel injection. now i have a 93 1/2 ton with a 5.7 wishing i would have gotten the diesel.
  4. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member

93 and older were mechanical. 1994 is when GM went to electronic fuel injection. I'd stay away from 1988-1991 trucks they had the 6.2. It's a gutless turd. The 6.5 came out in 1992. Just keep in mind the 6.2 and 6.5 were never designed to make big power like modern diesels. They were designed to be a more economical alternative to a gas engine. So if you're after big power numbers you're barking up the wrong tree.