1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for my first GM

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by AZ_Duner, Nov 18, 2012.

1. AZ_Duner

AZ_Duner New Member

Good evening everyone,

I am looking to get opinions on getting my first Chevy/GMC. Currently I have a 2006 Ford F150 5.4L (Don't judge me...I am on this forum after all...)

Ok here is what I am looking for:

- Quad Cab
    - Preferably long bed but not a must
    - 4x4
    - Diesel
    - I am going to be using the truck to tow a trailer to the dunes and just around town (At most 5K miles a year)
    - No DEF
    - Looking to spend under $25K

A few questions:
    - Any years to steer away from
    - Any years to try and find
    - Mileage
    - Options

Thank you very much!!!!

God Bless
    John 3:16
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I would try to find a 02-06 Duramax that should be in your price range and most of them are 4 door. Thats my opinion though.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC I think you should start by looking on craigslist for your area and use KBB.com as well as cars.com to research. Also many members here have all kinds of trucks so they will have good ideas about pros and cons.
  4. AZ_Duner

AZ_Duner New Member

What should I look for in terms of mileage? What should be the most amount of miles I should consider?