1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for new tires.....any ideas?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 08bowtie, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 08bowtie

08bowtie New Member 100 Posts

Big boy truck is looking for some new rubber, may get through the winter with the ones now but looking for good quality tires.....A little meaty is ok, do not really want something that howles at hwy speeds. I have been looking around, bf goodrich look nice but how well do they hold up? Mileage? Sound? Thanks for the info.:great::na:
  2. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bf Goodrich All Terrain, hands down, great tire. High mileage, low noise, look aggressive, and have good control on and off the road.
  3. getawaycars

getawaycars New Member

Check out tirerack.com
    They have ratings and reviews on a lot of tires.
    I found it very helpful.
  4. TheUnit

TheUnit New Member

x2 for the BFG A/T's. I used them in Fargo, ND - awesome handling in the crap snow/ice mix that the region has on the ground 6 months of the year. Michelin Alpin 4x4 was also a great dedicated winter tire I used, but they wore funny and not aggressive enough for any adventures off the pavement.
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would recommend goodyear wranger silent armors or the wrangler duratrac
    imo
    the silent armors clear out better than BFG A/T and have better all round traction and are quiet
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

BFG All Terrain or good year silent armor
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know as soon as I can afford them I will be getting the Wrangler Duratracs
  8. al96chev

al96chev New Member

bfg km2 hands down
  9. Pinkerton

Pinkerton New Member

BFG all terrain, i had some 33" they held up nice but i was very easy on the truck two years 30,ooo and they still looked brand new>
  10. MixedLove

MixedLove New Member

I just bought some Cooper Discover ST tires for my truck. It had the BFG All Terrains on it. the would've got me through winter. I bought extra rims and plan on using the Coopers for winter only. The BFG's will work good for summer. Road noise is the same unless you are cornering hard. Than the ST's will make more road noise. I prefer the looks of the Cooper ST. We'll c how they do this winter.