Looking for some good rims

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by SmokeU, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

I have never shopped for any before so I dunno which brand is good and which is trash

I'm looking for a factory size rim (Z71 size which I believe is 265/75R/16) in either all black or black and chrome

I'm interest in a 5 spoke design but will look at what ever you guys post up

budget I would say maybe $200 per rim

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Check out:
    XD Rockstars (or some of the other wheels in the XD series)
    Ballistic Jester
    Hmm....

There are a few different wheels that you seem to see a lot throughout the forum. Go through some of the picture threads (like the Black Truck picture thread [it has the most posts]) and look at some of the wheels in the pictures. when you find one you like, check out the poster's signature so that you can see what wheels his truck is wearing. Since there are so many different brands of wheels out there, that's going to be the best way for you to browse different styles.

When it comes time to shop for the actual wheels, you should be looking for 6 lug wheels probably 18"x9 if I'm correct (someone may correct me on the stock size).

3. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

you can check out tirerack.com...select your vehicle and you can even see the wheels on your truck...just to give you an idea at least...good luck...happy shopping!

I don't have it in my signature, but i have the 17x8 Ultra Mammoth's on my ride with the Nitto Terra Grappler...:)

haha! i updated my sig after the post...:glasses:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  4. SmokeU

good tips will do

5. SmokeU

well I looked around at tire rack dot com and apparently the only XD series that will fit on my truck at 16" are the diesel's and the ballistics wont fit at all unless I go up in size which I think I may be able to do but I'm not sure. I also don't like the look of the Enigma rim as well

But what I have found is Dick Cepeck DC-2 and the Granite Alloy GA9

but no 5 spoke

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

But if I can go up to 17" then that opens a lot more options

6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I always thought Z71's came with 17's.

7. SmokeU

Not sure but mine did not

[​IMG]

8. quackman

quackman New Member

Moto Metal 951 Black/Polished found best deals at MRWHEELDEAL.com

9. SmokeU