1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for Suburban - but not Auto Ride

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by IWannaGoFishin, Nov 22, 2012.

1. IWannaGoFishin

IWannaGoFishin New Member

Hello Sub Folks,

I'm looking to purchase an 03 - 06 Suburban or Yukon XL. And I've done quite a bit of internet research One thing that I know I don't want is Auto Ride Suspension. Too many problems, and too expensive to repair.

My question. Was this an option for all Suburbans? LS? LT? 4WD? Z71? I seem to be finding it most often on 4WD models. I know how to spot this option when I'm at the truck. I'm just trying to narrow my search options.

Love the site. I'm learning a lot.

Thanks,

KP
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

First off Welcome.... Yes it is just an Opt, You should look for a Z71 they are nicely Optioned out and a good Sub...Where are you? What are you looking for in a truck? Check Craigslist for local trucks..
  3. IWannaGoFishin

IWannaGoFishin New Member

Thanks Enkei,

Yeah, the Z71s are nice. Don't really need the 4WD, but I'm not opposed to it either. Mainly looking for clean, well cared for, low mileage. In the Dallas area. And yes, watching Craigslist a lot.