1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for the oldest front clips that will go on a 91'..

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BobEhud, Aug 29, 2011.

1. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

I know a great deal of the newer (late 9o's stuff) i want to fo the other way even if it requires a little persuasion im good with that.Anyone throwing old iron on the front..?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

So, what year Suburban do you have now, and which way do you want to go with the front clip swap? The 80s bodystyle of Suburban went from 1973-1991.
  3. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

i have a 1991..clips in perfect shape was hoping to go old old school mid 60's or such.The clip swaps i have helped others with.As soon as i can get out of the collar i am going to measure a few things,like i said i have a torch a welder and runs shops,just hoping to find someone else who may have done it prior.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For bolt on 73 will be the oldest, I saw a magazine article a while back where someone had a 63 front clip on a mid 80's blazer, didnt look real good the article stated they had a couple hundred hours in body work to make everything fit.
    There was a company that was doing mid 60's front clips for square body chevys, dont remember their name, you could probably find something with a google search.