Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

looking to buy a hitch for 99 dont know what to get?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by br2819, Sep 29, 2006.

1. br2819

br2819 New Member

hey guys i don't know much about railers etc. but my 99 suburban doesn't have a hitch. i want to start trailering my motorcycle on this platform that hangs on the hitch. i don't know if anyone has seen them but it probably weighs over 100lbs plus my bike weighs another 600-700lbs. i looked at a class 3 and i don't know what tongue weight is and all that stuff can someone explain please?

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Don’t know much about the hitch you are speaking of but it should not be over the tongue weight limit for a class 3 or 4 hitch. Just look at the hitch you have in mind. The tongue weight limit should be stamped right on it.

My only concern would be,

How the hell are you going to pick the bike up to get it on the hitch?

3. br2819

br2819 New Member

well there is a platform looking thing so you just roll it up the ramp onto the platform

4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ahh I see said the blind man.